Friday, April 17, 2009

Hair plugs

So I get off the train for Easter, and get a big hug from my mom and another from my dad. Then within about 2 minutes, before we've even gotten to the car in the parking lot...

Mom: "So, that blog entry was pretty depressing."

Me: "What?"

Mom: "Wellll... you know it doesn't matter if you have a receding hairline and don't have a girlfriend, we still love you."

Me: "Are you kidding? The blog entry was a joke, I laughed the whole time I wrote it."

Mom: "Well, ohhhkay..."

Me: "No, really mom, I'm fine."

Dad: "I had an abrupt wakeup this morning when your mother punched me in the face, waking me up telling me you've written just a horribly depressing blog entry, and she just doesn't know what to do. Like you're pre-suicidal or something."

Pre-suicidal?! hahaha, what does that even MEAN! He and I are both laughing at this point. Mom, hesitantly, joins in. Mothers and apple pie.

----

So then mom spends some time doing the taxes over the weekend, and at dinner time the second night, sits down with a smile so big it almost explodes off her face.

Mom: "Hey Jonathan, great news!"

Me: "Oh ya, what's that?"

Mom: "Hair plugs are tax deductable!"

Then we all laughed ourselves into a stooper.

Classic.

No comments: