Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Feeling fat?

Don't. It's all relative.



(Now THAT's fat)


Between 2000 and 3000 years old. Over 635,000 tonnes. That's like, 250 pounds a year, on average.

Now, let's say you're 60. And let's say you weigh 200 pounds. That's just over 3 pounds a year.

You're hardly on track for history.


(I had to back up to the fence to get the whole tree in the pic)

Then again, you're not 42 meters high, and probably don't have a circumference of 58 meters either. This tree is the world's largest biomass, located in a small town, El Tule, just outside of Oaxaca city.


(fatty's little brother, barely 1000 years old)

My apologies for the sideways pic. But it took 10 minutes to upload, and I'm not doing it again, do that head turning thing we all do when we look at sideways pics)

From Taxco, I came to where I am now, Oaxaca city, in Oaxaca state. Wa-ha-ka. It's beaaaautiful here. And there's a tonne to do, if you feel like being a good little tourist. Which, today, I did.

2 comments:

shwenga said...

I also made a pilgrimage to Tule! And then, at dusk, I played bingo in a giant gazebo in town there. :)

Anonymous said...

Obviously they didn't measure my chest when they were calculating the world's largest biomass.