Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tree-huggers

Yep, we're tree-huggers. We shit in the biffy, and eat only vegetables. But these people are all full of life, and have smiles that I couldn't find in the city. We've been laughing so hard that the ground around the place feels like it's laughing. Yesterday I laughed until I cried on more than one occasion.


(My kind of tree-hugger, a lady from the Temazcal)



(You've already met Charly, but darnit, he's just so photogenic. Note the rock vagina in the background.)


(Meet Nomi, my Israeli artist friend who lives in the trailer at Charly's)


(Meet Daniel, on the right, crystal bowl guru)

So, what's a day like right now?

I get up, maybe do some yoga with the people I stay with, or head into town for a yoga class of some sort. Or maybe we'll just laugh for a while, it's a good thing to do in the morning.

Then, maybe I'll eat something delicious, like a mango. Then a banana or 5.

Maybe next I'll read, or play some guitar, or just hang out with my new friends. Yesterday we cleaned out a space behind the house so that more people can camp here, if they show up. Who knows, maybe we'll go to town and buy some food, or maybe we'll just do some healing arts, like massage, shiatsu, chanting, stretching, etc...

At night, there's a good chance that somebody will stop by, and we'll have a jam session. Then head out to my tent, to provide a feast for the mosquitos, as there's no zipper to keep them out. But not to worry, Charly is just waiting for a zipper-fixer to show up one day, hahah! Awesome. It's just crazy enough that it works.

Laughing from the belly has got to be one of the best feelings on Earth.

No comments: