Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Got Crabs?

While on the beach at Nexpa, I was reading Henry David Thoreau's "Walden". I've been reading it since the summer, it's a classic. But it's a lot to process, the kind of book that you need to take a break from every page or so to contemplate what he's actually saying.

Anywho, there's one chapter where he's describing the many incredible interactions of various species that he spends his time with (he built himself a little house on Walden pond and lead a very serene, simple life, growing and selling vegetables and living close to nature for a few years). One of them, was an epic battle that he observed between two kinds of ants. It was so well written, and inspiring, and got me thinking about all of the life that I just don't notice every day.

So I took this headful to the beach, and here's what I found.

Feel free to play your own little game of "where's the crab?"


(This is so you know what you're looking for)


(difficulty: *)


(difficulty: *)



(difficulty: **)


(difficulty: ***)


(difficulty: ****)

No comments: