Monday, March 24, 2008

When opportunity equiKnocks, you gotta answer

AKA: Crystal bowls and Conch Shells


(this is a conch shell, just for you)

AKA: A field full of hippies


(not a hippy)


AKA: The adventures of Mango-face and the Mayan Superhero


(Mango-face in the middle, Mayan Superhero on the right, Superhero in training on the left)


My original reason for living here in Never Never Land, was because there was going to be an equinox celebration. I thought to myself that I would be crazy to head off somewhere else... there was no way that I was going to find another magical place like this, with people like this, that were having an equinox celebration, not in a year, forget about in a week. So I stayed.


And what an equinox celebration there was!


(the celebration)


(of course, no equinox ceremony is complete without a man in a cape, and a bunch of bubbles)


(playing the root shakra bowl)

I went over early with 3 of the people I´m staying with. We arrived at this place, unlike any place I've been to. It was a completely flat valley area (which they use as a soccer pitch), surrounded by mountains. At the risk of sounding hippy, you could feel the energy there. The sound bouced off the mountains, and the whole place resonated.






Daniel lead the gathering, which was a Circle of Sound ceremony, happening at the same time in over 25 countries around the world. Check the link for what they're all about.



It was 2 hours of bowl playing and conch blowing.



What a feeling there was there! I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of people together and focus on having good intentions.



(The sign says: Harmony, Acceptance, Unity, Algebra, Compassion -- okay, so my spanish isn´t perfect)

Then a 15 minute silent meditation, a whole bunch of hugs and fruit, and we went on our own ways taking away from the ceremony a lot of good feelings.




But not before I danced with the Mayan Superhero! (and his brother, who is in training) He calls me Mango-face. That's what happens when you tell a 4 year old that your name is mango-face when he can't remember your name (granted, I did have mango down to my elbows and all over my face).
Hope you all got out and howled at the moon. Or not. As you wish! Really though, next full moon, you should try and do something creative. Draw a picture. Make some music. Paint. Sing. Dance. Whatever, just see if you feel any more creative when you do it. At night, I played music for hours and hours, with that feeling you get when you meet somebody special, or when you sing and dance in the shower pretending to be Elton John (don´t drop the soap), cause I mean, we all do it, right? ...right?
Inspired. That's the word.

No comments: