Friday, September 14, 2007

Need a place to stay in Winnipeg

The title says it all. I'm going to be in Winnipeg on Sunday afternoon, and want to spend Monday there, exploring the city. So I need 2 nights accommodation. Does anybody know anybody that could put up a kind soul for a few nights? Here's what I'm posting to craigslist in winnipeg... feel free to forward it to anybody who may be of assistance (and include my email address in case they are able to take me in).

----------------- Here's the ad -----------------

I'm biking across the country. I'm in Glenboro, MB, and will be in Winnipeg most likely on Sunday afternoon. I want to stay for a few days in the city to check out the local scene, get to know the city a little more intimately, and meet some great people. So, great people and kind souls of Winnipeg, I call out to you! I need a place to stay for 2 nights (Sunday and Monday)!

I woke up this morning to the sound of my breathe crystalizing against the side of my tent, and decided I needed to post here, in hopes that a wonderful person will read this and want to make a new friend.

Here's my blog address, you can read and see what I'm about: jonathanbeer.blogspot.com

What I like to do when I'm "settled":
- play guitar, sing, dance a funny dance to the grooviest music I can find (or none, if it's not available)
- play a rowdy game of croquet, sun or snow
- ride my bike
- meditate
- read
- sledding!
- skiing
- go out and listen to music over some beer as often as possible
- share food
- try out just about anything, and have fun doing it

Maybe I can trade you a jar of pickles for a place to stay? Don't like pickles? No problem... Perhaps a massage? I can proof your essays? Help you with your computer? Play you a song? Write you a poem? I'd offer to cook, but you probably don't want that ;)

Can't put me up but have a friend who might? Forward them this add! Good karma!
Thanks!

No comments: