Monday, September 24, 2007

Ta ta Manitoba, Hill-o Ontario

Sorry about the lack of updates lately, but my internet access has been quite limited for the last 10 days or so.

Off the grass, and onto the rock. Usually this would be a bad progression, but in this case, it's quite a blessing. I was sick of the Prairie's. They went on forever. After doing this by bike, I suggest you take a car. So here I am, in northern Hilltario. It was really amazing, within about a 1 km stretch just inside the Manitoba/Ontario, the scenery went from tall Prairie grass as far as the eye can see, to rocks and trees and lakes, and beautiful coloured leaves, and HILLS! I never thought I'd be so happy to see the road rise and fall. The feeling only lasted for the first one or two :)

Wow, so much has happened since my last entry... I'll just recount some of the events quickly:
  • given free beer on many occasions
  • given free food a few times
  • wiped out at about 3 km/hr and cracked a rib (this is not verified)
  • camped for free since, basically Alberta, minus a few exceptions
  • invited to stay in a couple's bunk house for a night, because they like cyclists
  • went to Winnipeg, got a guided tour by a nice local girl of all the touristy areas and was offered a temp job by a guy that runs the Beatnik bookstore
  • played lots of free pool

People have been wonderful.

Now I have to get going, because there's a massive storm blowing in that all the locals are buzzing about, and I want to go 100 km today.

I'm probably going to catch up to Katherine's bicycle tour group this week, yesssss... she doesn't know that, I've been very vague in my emails to her about my whereabout, and I'm hoping that she's too busy to check this blog entry before I make it to her. I'd like to surprise her. Any ideas on what I should do? Just leave a comment..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

flowers, kisses, jewellry = my ideas for a reunion with Katherine.
Love ya,
Mom