Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nice Dress, Beer


I know, I know, I've always looked good in blue and white, it works so well with my eyes.

As you may or may not be able to tell, this is not just another of my dress up fantasy parties, this is actually a hospital gown. After a few days of excruciating pain that started in the outside joints of my knees, and progressed in both up and down my legs, I decided that I needed to see a doctor about this. So on my way into Thunder Bay, I went to the hospital.

Went to the doctor, the doctor said,
"Sorry Jonno, your IT bands' are dead"
"Dead? heck no! maybe inflamed,
listen doc, what are you REALLY saying?"
"I'm saying if you ride, a monkey you are,
I suggest your trip is done, take a bus, or a car."
"How can I fix it? Pills? Intravenus?"
"Well we can stick this here tube in the end of your..."
"*gasp*"
"Just kidding." Man doctors have a sick sense of humor.

And on we went like this for some time, until he finally gave me the 3 step process required to fix my problem:
  1. rest for a minimum of 1 week, 2 is *much* better
  2. go to physiotherapy
  3. continue going to physiotherapy
Hmmm. What a shame, I came so close, within a few hundred kilometers of catching Katherine, and now I am laid up.



But not to worry, my spirits aren't down, although when I got the news I was initially disappointed, until I realized that there must be a reason for this. So I went and found a hostel, drank wine with beautiful women and played guitar until bed. Then the next day I went sailing. Now I'm hitchhiking to Timmins, to visit a Chinese medical doctor friend of mine who I'm going to convince to poke me with needles for a few days. Then, who knows!

No comments: